THIS FORUM IS NOT CLOSING DOWN !!!!

News & Messages About Our Forum

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

hollie

Re: THIS FORUM CLOSING DOWN !!!!

Post by hollie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:16 pm

I am ex courier also. It is addictive to keep looking in, but also to see that hopefully Hermes get brought to book, for all the disgraceful ways that they have treated couriers. When will they learn, no decent couriers, no decent business.

Advertisement

fastjetboys

Post by fastjetboys » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Thank you xlc, fantastic news. I have some spare time if there is anything that I may be able to help with.

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Most of my time is spent surfing the internet looking for stories and news.
If anybody comes across anything then please post it or if you prefer not to, then send it to me and I will.

Newcourier
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Newcourier » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:17 am

Sometimes it gets intense.... Sometimes it gets a bit much.... It can be frustrating to the max at times.... But after a little break you feel refreshed and ready for another final mile.... The main thing I keep in mind is the heart of the forum.... It's a life support for any wittsend couriers and new and old couriers alike... It's a portal and a gateway drug to fairer and happier negotiated working rights & conditions...

Sometimes we all need to escape the heat...

Sad to see its not worked out with the newguy but I do believe everything happens for a reason ;)

Ill help and hinder as much as I can from here... :p

Got another call to cover a round today.... I always get them to confirm all actual details... Today's std rate is 70p apparently 2 Sq miles.... There's about 31.... I said OK do me a fiver starter payment and your on.... I don't wanna ask too much obviously so is a fiver OK? The cover I did other Saturday was extra fiver too but numbers were 12 more than stated... They asked will I cover this sat too same round... I said well it took me longer to sort and plan a new round with 48 parcels so do me 10 extra this Saturday and call it 7.50 for each Saturday... I think it's reasonable....

I think hermes really do wanna keep us as self employed within a certain Cost.... So negotiate away... Use that self employed bargaining right....

We all gotta come to agreement...

The crux of it may be some are more agreeable than others?

I'm going to continue to exercise my rights as a self employed individual... As far as practically possible...

Intended to succeed without need for arbitrary intercedence.... Just a platform to discuss in freedom... With inspiration aplenty.... Here is the place to be

Posting in here for me is as good as going through a lengthy and drawn out legal procedure to get things right... You know I'll post my statements on here and everyone can give there two cents and at the end of it I feel like rights have been served... Whatever the outcome... I've aired my concerns... I can move forward from there...

Things we can change
Things we can't
Strength to endure
Hope that lasts

Well you get the picture... :)

Go Bots
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Go Bots » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Newcourier watch the extra payments you are offered because if my experience is anything to go on it's bullshit. Fm's will say anything to get a round covered.

Belle
Professional Plus Poster
Professional Plus Poster

Post by Belle » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Go Bots wrote:Newcourier watch the extra payments you are offered because if my experience is anything to go on it's bullshit. Fm's will say anything to get a round covered.
Definitely check your pay, hopefully be in the adjustments somewhere. Fms will agree to anything then deny it.

Danny
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Danny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:30 pm

Belle wrote:
Go Bots wrote:Newcourier watch the extra payments you are offered because if my experience is anything to go on it's bullshit. Fm's will say anything to get a round covered.
Definitely check your pay, hopefully be in the adjustments somewhere. Fms will agree to anything then deny it.
Yep just to add, like starting a new round the more you do it the quicker you will get.

GAZ

Post by GAZ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Just switch to a Facebook group and have an admin quiz people when they join to make sure they are couriers

Jethroe
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Jethroe » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:37 pm

xLc wrote:I've messed about and probably pissed off a lot of people.
I thought I'd done right selling but as it happens it's been a right fuck up. Yes I could've just walked away and left the new owner to it but I didn't want LCF run into the ground. This coupled with internal spats lead me to throw a paddy and walk. When I looked back in (it's hard not to after 5 years!) I saw comments that LCF was closing then this morning had an email from PayPal. I can't just turn my back on something I built (with help from others) so I find myself again going back on what I said and returning to LCF.
Please understand that LCF was never in any danger of closing. I wouldn't have let it, hence why I'm back.
My mistake was selling to a non courier I think.
So where does that leave us. Well right now I don't know what I want to do, however I will say 100% LCF will stay open.
As I've said before we have a full forum backup hosted on another server incase something unexpected where to happen outside my control. This has been updated on a regular basis since the great forum crash a year or so ago. LCF is here to stay as long as members use it.
I apologise for the past few days.
Well I for one will stand up and say XLC should be proud of what he has acheived with this forum, not forgetting MB and SC long may it continue..
Never take a laxative and a sleeping tablet together