Poll: Ex Lifestyle Couriers, Are You Still A Courier?

No Longer A Courier? Discuss What Your Up To Now

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

EX Lifestyle Couriers Only, Are You Still In The Courier Game After Leaving Hermes/Yodel etc

Yes
4%
No
96%

Total votes: 24

xLc
Union: LCF

Poll: Ex Lifestyle Couriers, Are You Still A Courier?

Post by xLc » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 am

I was for about 6 months, now Im out of it for good
LCF Admin

Advertisement

MinnieMinx

Re: Poll: Ex Lifestyle Couriers, Are You Still A Courier?

Post by MinnieMinx » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 am

No, not looked at being a courier since leaving Hermes, i'm a carer now for my mum who has Dementia and lives with us, hard work but worth it.

lynn1951

Post by lynn1951 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:02 pm

I left about 18 months ago. I received many phone calls asking me to do cover work, but they eventually got the message that i wasn't interested. I am lucky that i now don't need to work. Being part of this forum has made me realize that i got out at the right time. Many couriers in my area left at the same time as me, for the same reasons; poor pay; later and later vans and not receiving bonuses that we were entitled to, according to the FM who wouldn't do anything about it!.

Schrodingers Cat

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:38 am

I'm still delivering, (takeaway meals), but don't regard myself as being a courier any more and have voted accordingly. I wouldn't ever want to be a courier again.
'IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID,
YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT!'
:D :D :D

Scotslass

Post by Scotslass » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:44 am

I left in protest over the 2015 Easter BH Monday fiasco. I've done some cover work since and helped out in a sub but only for a very good friend and not Hermes benefit.

I wouldn't dream of ever returning as a full time courier with everything that's going on. Which is a shame as I actually loved the job and the people I delivered to.

mike

Post by mike » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm a postie....

No more Mr Doormat for Hermes, EVER.

Levi

Post by Levi » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:28 pm

I left Hermes about 16 months ago , I am still a courier , now at yodel , but happier away from Hermes , it was never about not liking the job , reason I went was the god awful fm and rm ,

reg

Post by reg » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:33 pm

Retired Hermes Courier, before that a Taxi Driver for 40 years.

Lifestylemya4se

Post by Lifestylemya4se » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Retired Hermes Courier. Really hope Hermes eventually have to treat the couriers fairly.

sam

Post by sam » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:35 pm

Not anymore .. But I have put My Mrs and her sister to work .... :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ement.html

Can you fuck over a third of a million men in a shagging lifetime? :roll:
:roll:

MinnieMinx

Post by MinnieMinx » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:27 am

That is YUK, Sam :berk1:

Belle

Post by Belle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:09 am

Not learned his lesson obviously :nonon:

Unconfused Ex-Courier

Post by Unconfused Ex-Courier » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I left Hermes in early 2014 following the "exciting announcement" of Sundays becoming a working day.. it was bad enough back then and at 45p per parcel I was off as soon as I could get another job, updated the CV, fired it off to various retail merchandising companies (done that work in the past) and by luck quickly landed a job with a decent company with a strong brand and an open-minded, organised approach to it's employees. The only thing I miss about doing parcels is being outdoors in the elements, the regular early finishes and some of the customers. I don't miss the ignorant & devious ones though, working Saturdays, not having paid holidays, having my time wasted, constantly getting my car/van fixed by my very useful and cheap mechanic neighbour. Company van it is now, paid fuel by the company. If something happened where I was made redundant or I didn't like the direction my current company is taking I wouldn't be against courier work but it'd be with Yodel next time as a part-time/cover combined with other jobs, because at least they organise holidays and cover instead of holding one courier fully responsible for keeping a round, even if I screwed up for them as a cover!
Not as confused as I used to be.

Delboy255

Post by Delboy255 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:16 am

Hi all,

I left Hermes in June 2016 and am now back at my previous job (non courier).

Was sick fed up with one field manager after another promising this, that and the next thing. When hired, I was told the APR for the run (enhanced?) was £0.87 before service payments.

NO WAY ! Didn't even sniff £0.70. Stuck it out for 12 months before finally falling out with a compliance manger. The phone rung non stop trying to get me to change my mind for about 2 months.

Any firm, Hermes, Yodel, UK Mail, DPD express etc etc can now hire me as a lifestyle courier for £1.50 per parcel minimum 70 parcels or £20 per hour and a minimum hire per day of £100. All plus fuel of course.

Why? - Because that's what the job is worth. Damn phone has never rung since.

Best Regards to all you hard working people.
DEL

hawkeye2440

Post by hawkeye2440 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:56 pm

i gave up my round 6 months ago new fm whos a waste of time didnt like the truth and cm whos up her ass tried to get wwd but old fm stopped it tried to get me to stay I now cover my old rounds about 2 half days a week i can do as i please they cant tell me what to do because I dont need them and as for this peak they can stick it lorrys getting later more crap every day no thanks

fmspet

Post by fmspet » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:34 pm

MinnieMinx wrote:No, not looked at being a courier since leaving Hermes, i'm a carer now for my mum who has Dementia and lives with us, hard work but worth it.

And a darn sight more rewarding.

Good work Minnie

cantonkid1955

Post by cantonkid1955 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

I left 11 months ago..just before Christmas,,it was an ultimatum,,either I left,,or my wife would leave me,,long long hours,,crap pay,,no free time,,and all the screw ups are always caused by the so called management sticking their noses in and fixing things that aint broke,,and they seemed to get a perverse sexual thrill by screwing the drivers over,,making life as unpleasant as possible for the drivers,,they seem to forget that we all worked for the same company for the same reasons,,horrible nasty management,,and its probably indicative of most courier companies.

justsmile

Post by justsmile » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:54 pm

I think l deliveried my last parcel on Friday doing some cover for anther courier. Gave ul ,y rounds in April, just had enough and could just about afford it money wise. Done cover work over the summer form my the, sub but they closed that and split everyone between to Hermes subs. Total shit operations with car couriers at the back of the queue and contrators ruleing the rost.

The total cock up at Christmas this year and an FM who is a total waste if space and doesn't like me cos l tell her so probably means that l am now an ex courier.

No l wont miss it.

Jaywhitbread

Post by Jaywhitbread » Mon May 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Not a courier but i still do deliveries of sorts lol, i take humans to hospitals and back to wherever they came from, no hassle from higher management, all driving regs observed, and we even get paid breaks and meal allowances.....only downside is the uniform, green isnt the best colour on me lol