A interesting question

DPD Courier Discussion

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

The chef

A interesting question

Post by The chef » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:35 pm

Well I know at some point we all have to cut corners to deliver parcels but if you see a sign on a door not to deliver to a neighbour in big red letters would you still deliver to that neighbour ? . And would you sign the person's name on the parcel on your Pda ?.and still leave it with that neighbour ? .it would be interesting to see your reply .

Advertisement

Milestone

Re: A interesting question

Post by Milestone » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:54 pm

I would be annoyed myself if my parcel was delivered to another address that I have specified I did not want. Maybe they're known for not giving deliveries back, maybe we have had a massive argument. However if I felt that strongly opposed to my neighbours looking after my deliveries I would make sure that I pay for delivery to my workplace or at a time where I will be in.

cantonkid1955

Post by cantonkid1955 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 am

The chef wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Well I know at some point we all have to cut corners to deliver parcels but if you see a sign on a door not to deliver to a neighbour in big red letters would you still deliver to that neighbour ? . And would you sign the person's name on the parcel on your Pda ?.and still leave it with that neighbour ? .it would be interesting to see your reply .
Well,,my employers insist on a signature for every parcel delivered,,even a catalogue that will go through a letter box,,and if the recipient is not home,then we have to leave a contact card,,its no surprise that when the intended recipient arrives at the depot,,having driven miles to collect their catalogue,when it could have been posted and the driver signs for it,,a massive argument ensues,,still,,rules are rules,,and the depot manager does not like it when he is receiving call after call from extremely irate customers,questioning his perceived intelligence,,,because,,,at the end of the day,,all we do is drive the van,,and obey the rules,,as its been pointed out to us by the depot manager,, any driver who forges a customers signature is facing a severe disciplinary as it is fraud,
As it happens,,there really is no need to require a signature for a catalogue,its a power thing ,invented by the manager to control the time that we spend delivering,,and increase our work load,,it always comes back to bite them,,as in the phone calls from irate customers,,have a great day,,

highlander33
Expert Poster
Expert Poster
Union: GMB

Post by highlander33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 am

No i definitely wouldnt deliver to the neighbour if customer has specifically asked me not to, but i wouldnt go far out of my way to find an alternative either.

Have been to houses in past asking if they will take a parcel, and they have declined, obviously everyone dosnt get on with their neighbours, but it is still unusual for someone to refuse - but who knows what little feuds are simmering, even in some of the very affluent places i deliver to....
I drink and i know things.

tractorcourier
Member Plus
Member Plus

Post by tractorcourier » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:07 pm

I would not leave it with that neighbour if a customer asks me not to.
Also for that customer, I would only leave with a neighbour that the customer has specificaly asked me to leave with.
I wouldn't try other neighbours if customer has stopped me going to one neighbour and not given me an alternative one to deliver too.
And I would never sign for that parcel in another persons name, as that is fraud!

sillyhilly0

Post by sillyhilly0 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:44 am

Ditto tractor couriers reply.
If the parcel does not require a signature and i can leave it safe,letterbox, outside store etc, that's where it goes.
Who do you work for???
Are all there parcels signature only??

sillyhilly0

Post by sillyhilly0 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 am

Sorry, silly me, you posted in the DPD section