DPD Courier Discussion

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

MonkeyBoy
Global Mod
Global Mod

Driver Stabbed!

Post by MonkeyBoy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm

DPD delivery driver stabbed and man arrested after an assault in Shirley

A DELIVERY driver was stabbed in the street "while going about his normal day to day work".
Emergency services rushed to Foundry Lane, Shirley at around 11.15am yesterday after reports of an assault.
Hampshire Police confirmed last night that a 38-year-old man from Southampton was stabbed.
Officers also said a 19-year-old man from Southampton has been arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent and remains in custody at a city police station.

A van from delivery company DPD was parked in Foundry Lane and York Road for much of the day.

The firm said: “We can confirm that a DPD driver was involved in a serious incident in Shirley yesterday morning and that we are currently helping the police with their investigation.
"At this moment, all our thoughts are with our driver who was attacked while going about his normal day to day work.”

The area and the entrance to the nearby shop Mojo Hair and Beauty were cordoned off.
A resident who lives nearby but does not wish to be named said he "heard people shouting".
Witnesses said "10 police cars", including a dog unit, surrounded the area and taped off a house.

Paul Oldfield drove past the scene.
The 44-year-old said: "I was driving into town and there were loads of police cars parked in Shirley.
"There was an ambulance and about 10 police cars, it must have been something serious."
Derek Pegg, 38, a business owner from Shirley, said: “One of my neighbours called me and I called 101.
"This is a relatively calm area.”
The identity of the man injured has not been revealed yet.
His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Officers scoured the area throughout the day, looking through bins and bushes.
Two officers from the Crime Scene Investigator team were also at the scene.
Hampshire Police said enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with information is urged to call 101.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1585782 ... /?ref=fbpg

ESTIMATED time of arrival.... You cant fail something you have only estimated?
You know you're ugly when it comes to a group picture and they hand you the camera.

Advertisement

fmspet
ViP
ViP

Re: Driver Stabbed!

Post by fmspet » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm

More than meets the eye with this is suspect.
No mention of theft just a stabbing, something not right.

fmspet
ViP
ViP

Post by fmspet » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 pm

This went very quiet didn't it.

Newcourier
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Newcourier » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:52 pm

U get the odd rare head here and there just out for some killjoy... Could be a personal thing tho.. Just hope a full and speedy recovery is made and perpetrator is caught! It is one of the last things you expect out on your job delivering parcels tho... Sad story

Like that one who's vehicle got set alight... Sounds off that randomly ur shit gets set alight tho

fmspet
ViP
ViP

Post by fmspet » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:35 pm

Newcourier wrote:U get the odd rare head here and there just out for some killjoy... Could be a personal thing tho.. Just hope a full and speedy recovery is made and perpetrator is caught! It is one of the last things you expect out on your job delivering parcels tho... Sad story

Like that one who's vehicle got set alight... Sounds off that randomly ur shit gets set alight tho
I think the use of the word courier needs to be taken in context.
At that time of night i would suggest he was delivering either pizza or a take away, certainly not parcels.