DPD courier who was fined for day off to see doctor dies from diabetes

DPD Courier Discussion

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

fmspet

Re: DPD courier who was fined for day off to see doctor dies from diabetes

Post by fmspet » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:27 pm

I believe that most of the claims in the DPD statement can be proved.
The suspending of his agreement during a bad spell of health, him asking to go back as he was better, tablets for another condition upsetting his stability, all of these points can be proved in required.
That statement is to detailed to be fabricated, his condition was clearly known and on all barring one occasion, they seemed to be considerate in there dealings.
Now a Hermes statement would have read along these lines " let us down, withdrew his work, not our problem".

Advertisement

glory08

Post by glory08 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 pm

doveton sturdee wrote:
glory08 wrote:
fmspet wrote:Just goes to show that there are two sides to each story.
Now if the DPD account is true, and i am not saying it is not, i could not have imagined Hermes acting in such a manner.

At the end of the day it is a tragedy for Dons family but perhaps DPD were not as guilty as they were originally portrayed to be.
Yes it's very sad and I feel for his family, but as you correctly say 2 sides to each story! Except not it seems if Hermes are involved!

Except not it seems if Hermes are involved!

Perhaps you would care to expound the two sides to the story when Little Hugo told Rachel Reeves that rounds were capped at 90, or when a subsequent Hermes Spokesperson confirmed in writing to Rachel's Committee that:-

Hermes typically caps a round of parcels at between 50 and 80 parcels depending on the geography of the route. This means that couriers have a predictable number of parcels to deliver. They are therefore never confronted with a vast amount of work that needs to be done which they had not anticipated. More importantly, a consistent number of parcels per round means regularity of earnings. Hermes' couriers experience little income volatility

Are you saying that both statements (which, incidentally, contradict each other) are correct?

I would contend that both are, not to put too fine a point on it, out and out lies, and have subsequently been exposed as such.

Care to comment, or to gainsay my claim?
I actually do agree with their comments, I have one round which as approx 50 -60 a day in the run up to Xmas it was split into 2 rounds,I had the choice to keep both or get cover for one neither round ever exceeded 80,I did do both rounds so obviously on occasions had more than 80 but that was my choice, can only say as I find.

doveton sturdee
Union: GMB

Post by doveton sturdee » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 pm

glory08 wrote:
doveton sturdee wrote:
glory08 wrote: Yes it's very sad and I feel for his family, but as you correctly say 2 sides to each story! Except not it seems if Hermes are involved!

Except not it seems if Hermes are involved!

Perhaps you would care to expound the two sides to the story when Little Hugo told Rachel Reeves that rounds were capped at 90, or when a subsequent Hermes Spokesperson confirmed in writing to Rachel's Committee that:-

Hermes typically caps a round of parcels at between 50 and 80 parcels depending on the geography of the route. This means that couriers have a predictable number of parcels to deliver. They are therefore never confronted with a vast amount of work that needs to be done which they had not anticipated. More importantly, a consistent number of parcels per round means regularity of earnings. Hermes' couriers experience little income volatility

Are you saying that both statements (which, incidentally, contradict each other) are correct?

I would contend that both are, not to put too fine a point on it, out and out lies, and have subsequently been exposed as such.

Care to comment, or to gainsay my claim?
I actually do agree with their comments, I have one round which as approx 50 -60 a day in the run up to Xmas it was split into 2 rounds,I had the choice to keep both or get cover for one neither round ever exceeded 80,I did do both rounds so obviously on occasions had more than 80 but that was my choice, can only say as I find.
Well, I cannot recall a post from you where you did not differ from the official Hermes line. I speak as I find too, but let that pass.

The point I am making and you are willfully failing to grasp is that both Little Hugo and the Hermes Spokesperson both stated that any individual round was specifically CAPPED at 90 (Hugo) or 80 (Spokesperson), apparently to ensure that their beloved couriers were not placed under too much stress and knew what kind of numbers they would face on a daily basis during the peak. The fact is that no such cap existed. Whether a courier had a round which, in the event, didn't exceed 80 or 90 is not the point.

The point is that both Hugo & the Spokesperson lied to a Parliamentary Committee, by claiming that a procedure to assist couriers had been put in place by this 'friendly, family' company when they both knew that this was a false claim.

fmspet

Post by fmspet » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Yes i had one round the 2 years ago that was split with the idea of giving one away against my wishes, the original st peak averaging 120/130 a day.
As it happened they couldn't find a taker so i finished up doing both.
Neither part exceeded 80 during that time, but that wasn't down to capping just straight forward averaging, no one said no more than 80.
Had the round not been split, and remember it was for there benefit, not mine, i would have had 120/130 a day, so tell me glory08 where does the "capping come in", and if it had been capped at 80 what would have happened to the other 40/50 as when they tried to find a taker there were non.

Schrodingers Cat

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 am

And the saga continues...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... iver-death

Anyone who thinks these shits give a rat's arse is delusional.
ALWAYS REMEMBER:

'IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT,
IT'S THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG!'
:D :D :D