Do they offer Automatic vans?

DPD Courier Discussion

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

khsofiane

Do they offer Automatic vans?

Post by khsofiane » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi all

I met someone from DPD last week and she said they are recruiting new people and also offer new smaller vans, like caddys, Not sure if they do have any automatic ones, has anyone got this information?

Many thanks for your input

Advertisement

oscar01492

Re: Do they offer Automatic vans?

Post by oscar01492 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:07 pm

they have people driving small vans with dpd and dpd local round my way

khsofiane

Post by khsofiane » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:45 pm

yes i know but do they have automatic?

oscar01492

Post by oscar01492 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:38 pm

khsofiane wrote:yes i know but do they have automatic?
wouldn't know as would never want to drive a automatic I guess you have a licence which allows you to drive a automatic car van only

Schrodingers Cat

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:37 am

khsofiane wrote:Hi all

I met someone from DPD last week and she said they are recruiting new people and also offer new smaller vans, like caddys, Not sure if they do have any automatic ones, has anyone got this information?

Many thanks for your input

Hmm ...

Just my opinion, but if you are seriously thinking of driving as a career, then you might be better off biting the bullet and upgrading your licence to manual. You just need to resit another test and you don't have to do the Theory Test again, so it might be worth thinking about.

There's nothing wrong with automatics themselves, but I prefer a manual shift during the winter months as it gives me greater control when the roads are bad. I'm not sure you'd find many companies supplying automatic vans to their drivers due to the increased costs (including maintenance) of an automatic. It's all about the money to these firms.
ALWAYS REMEMBER:

'IT'S NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IN THE FIGHT,
IT'S THE SIZE OF THE FIGHT IN THE DOG!'
:D :D :D

skinnyman

Post by skinnyman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

When I was doing work that required a large van, I was considering auto Sprinters. Very valid point re: winter weather, but ultimately I feel a lot more relaxed driving an auto, especially around town, and of course there's the lack of DMF to go wrong. What I basically found, though, was that whilst it's hypothetically just under 1.5k on the new price to have it as an auto, the reality is that *loads* of the van broker type websites have special offers on the standard manual models, at effective levels of discount that you'd just never get on an auto, so the reality is that it's about an extra 6k or so. I don't know how much that could be squeezed if you had a bit of buying power and were buying a good few vans though.