Dpd local

DPD Courier Discussion

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

speedy

Dpd local

Post by speedy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Does anyone on here work for or have worked for for local? Just wondered what they are like. Have the chance of an interview with immediate starts. Is it the same as Hermes except not solous drops? Cheers

Advertisement

highlander33
Expert Poster
Expert Poster
Union: GMB

Re: Dpd local

Post by highlander33 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 pm

I saw one of their vans out in the sticks today - it wasnt a small Ford Connect sized van though, as i was expecting.

Driver looked a bit lost to be honest, if i see him again will try to grab a quick chat.
I drink and i know things.

ZERO7
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by ZERO7 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 pm

:?: tbh i don't know how the DPD LOCAL WORKS...... i do know they have separate depot, as new one has just opened near me..... but driving around the "local" &"normal" seem to be treading on each others toe's on both residential and business don't make sense to me BOTH vans on same area.... and both sprinters....... anybody ???? give us a clue................. :roll:
Same-Day Courier

CastleStoke

Post by CastleStoke » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:33 am

Not sure how people know this but DPD Local is new name for Interlink only difference is the "Local" on the van and colour of the name, but from what been told nothing changed so self employed, you buy a route and you work it via DPD route planner so can't change it and can work long hours for little money.