THIS FORUM IS NOT CLOSING DOWN !!!!

News & Messages About Our Forum

Moderators: MonkeyBoy, xLc

lynn1951
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Re: THIS FORUM CLOSING DOWN !!!!

Post by lynn1951 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why someone with absolutely no interest in Hermes and obviously isn't a courier would be interested in running this forum?

Advertisement

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 pm

I originally had 4 people interested in taking LCF on. 1 was an insurance company, another was in IT and the other 2 where private individuals. None were courier.
Whilst LCF is mainly hermes couriers it isn't just for Hermes.
I haven't been a courier for a year and half but until recently was happy to run it. Some people like to run forums etc eventhough they have no interest.

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:53 pm

I've messed about and probably pissed off a lot of people.
I thought I'd done right selling but as it happens it's been a right fuck up. Yes I could've just walked away and left the new owner to it but I didn't want LCF run into the ground. This coupled with internal spats lead me to throw a paddy and walk. When I looked back in (it's hard not to after 5 years!) I saw comments that LCF was closing then this morning had an email from PayPal. I can't just turn my back on something I built (with help from others) so I find myself again going back on what I said and returning to LCF.
Please understand that LCF was never in any danger of closing. I wouldn't have let it, hence why I'm back.
My mistake was selling to a non courier I think.
So where does that leave us. Well right now I don't know what I want to do, however I will say 100% LCF will stay open.
As I've said before we have a full forum backup hosted on another server incase something unexpected where to happen outside my control. This has been updated on a regular basis since the great forum crash a year or so ago. LCF is here to stay as long as members use it.
I apologise for the past few days.

Go Bots
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Go Bots » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks Admin. You're a star!

jimbob81
Member Plus
Member Plus
Union: GMB

Post by jimbob81 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:20 pm

No need to apologise xLc.
Hindsight is a wonderous thing.

As others have said, we seem to be at a very important crossroads with the whole Gig Economy in the news & Auntie Carole being called infront of the select committee.
Our Forum NEEDS someone at the helm that wants to see it all through.
Despite you not being a courier anymore I have a feeling that you would like to be 'around' to see Hermes get what is coming to them.

I think the past few weeks since you stepped back has made us all realise that The Forum is just not the same without you at it's Head (no offence to New Admin) -
YOU ARE LCF & we wouldn't be where we are now without your hours of thankless, payless time pushing the cause.
When the Boat's a rockin'......

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:33 pm

From a personal point of view I'd love to see hermes get what they deserve.
I haven't forgiven them for screwing me out of 8 months of money when my rate was dropped without telling me. I threatened legal and the rm paid me a visit and returned my rate but refused to back date my lost money.

JAMES H

Post by JAMES H » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:38 pm

That's great news XLC - good to hear! Piece of mind for us all to know that you're still at the helm :super:
Brings some normality back just seeing your avatar again. Personally I would advise you to only participate as much as you want. We're happy just knowing that you are still here - gonna be an interesting few months! ;-)
Carpe Diem!

Nimrod
ViP
ViP

Post by Nimrod » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Absolutely no apology needed. Glad you are back at the helm, may be its the rest of us that should apologise for not giving you more suppoprt. If there is anything I can do to help let me knew.

fmspet
ViP
ViP

Post by fmspet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Let me know the cost of regaining the rights (domain name etc etc) and i will cover them,
Guarenteed

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Thanks fmspet.
Hopefully he's transferring it back to me so should be ok

fmspet
ViP
ViP

Post by fmspet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 pm

xLc wrote:Thanks fmspet.
Hopefully he's transferring it back to me so should be ok

You more than others know my financial position and know that it is not an empty gesture.
I will even assist with on going costs in order to maintain this forum.

Danny
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by Danny » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 pm

I can only agree with all the comments said before.

XLC is on our side, and this forum has helped bring out issues that wouldn't have got out to the wider public as well.

Didn't this forum help in the 'no to forced bank holiday working' ?

Nimrod
ViP
ViP

Post by Nimrod » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:01 pm

It most certainly did. Those on HF who happliy take bank holidays off seem to forget that

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Yes bank holiday gate was the beginning

trnc

Post by trnc » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:43 pm

brilliant xlc so glad to see you back.

MonkeyBoy
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post by MonkeyBoy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Im looking for donations myself for a LCF project.

Im going to buy as much superglue as I can get my hands on and I'm going to glue XLC to the bastard Admin seat!
Might even glue the door shut too!
ESTIMATED time of arrival.... You cant fail something you have only estimated?
You know you're ugly when it comes to a group picture and they hand you the camera.

Rutetuti
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
Union: Unite

Post by Rutetuti » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Is there some way of spreading the load both financial and admin wise?

MGBGT
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by MGBGT » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Thank fuck for that. :super:

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 am

Rutetuti wrote:Is there some way of spreading the load both financial and admin wise?
MB does a great job modding the forum. He's the cool one that doesn't suffer meltdowns like me!
If anyone wants to donate towards the forum running costs then of course I will always be grateful. Just hit the 'Donate' button under the clock on the right of the main page.

highlander33
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Post by highlander33 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:34 am

Great to see you back xlc - i know we had some dis-agreements in past ( mainly due to written words being mis-interpreted, which happens )

but i have always recognised what an important job you and your backup team ( MB & SC ) have done over the years.
I drink and i know things.

Nimrod
ViP
ViP

Post by Nimrod » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 am

This is just my personal opinion for what it is worth, whatever happens in the future on this forum, we all need to pull together, be more tolerant with each other and not be seen to argue openly with each other. We are all going to disagree with each other at times that's just life. I have no doubt that Hermes are watching and will clap their hands when they see us arguing and will revel if they witness us in-fighting. Even if we argue privately with PMs we must show a united front on the forum so Hermes understand a few things, we stand together, our ranks are ever increasing as Hermes continue their bogus self employment, we will not be swayed from our goals, powerful organisations are now talking to us and talking our fight forward. We are proud couriers who demand the legal rights of our status or we will continue to fight until we win, the battle is now well advanced and the tide may well be turning our way, it's an opportunity we must cease with both hands and standing together is our most powerful weapon.

Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

I'd like to welcome xLc back too, although I know he would never walk away and leave the forum struggling.

It's difficult once you've left Hermes and wonder why you're even still bothered with it all but, for me at least, the fight is about much more than Hermes, the entire future of self-employment is in the balance now and some huge changes must inevitably occur as a result of our actions.

I myself left the forum a few weeks ago as I felt I had nothing more to say, being now retired and an ex-courier. However, as xLc has said, it's too bloody addictive to not keep looking in on a regular basis! I requested to be returned to regular Member status rather than 2nd Admin. The forum doesn't need further development now and, although I enjoyed the challenge of coding stuff during the early days, I'm not needed now as it's standing firmly on its own feet and has turned into a first - class forum.

So, I believe the forum needs no one other than xLc and MB to continue. Together, you'll not finda more dedicated team.

Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:04 am

I might just add that some of our newer members have really stepped up to the mark., Nimrod springing immediately to mind, although there are others, but I'll mention no names in case I leave someone out! We all know who you are though and are very grateful for your own input and dedication.

Many thanks to you all and keep up the good work. :super:

MGBGT
500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Post by MGBGT » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am

Schrodingers Cat wrote:I'd like to welcome xLc back too, although I know he would never walk away and leave the forum struggling.

It's difficult once you've left Hermes and wonder why you're even still bothered with it all but, for me at least, the fight is about much more than Hermes, the entire future of self-employment is in the balance now and some huge changes must inevitably occur as a result of our actions.

I myself left the forum a few weeks ago as I felt I had nothing more to say, being now retired and an ex-courier. However, as xLc has said, it's too bloody addictive to not keep looking in on a regular basis! I requested to be returned to regular Member status rather than 2nd Admin. The forum doesn't need further development now and, although I enjoyed the challenge of coding stuff during the early days, I'm not needed now as it's standing firmly on its own feet and has turned into a first - class forum.

So, I believe the forum needs no one other than xLc and MB to continue. Together, you'll not finda more dedicated team.
I am glad that it is addictive, the fact that LFC, yourself and Fmspet, among others, are not couriers any more is irrelevant to me, you are all more important to those of us that are still couriers than you may realise, and the place is simply not the same without you.

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks for the recent donations.
I'm not sure who you are but it is gratefully received.
:super: