Hi! We see you’re using an ad-blocker. We’re fine with that and won’t stop you visiting the site.
But as we’re losing ad-revenue from this then why not make a donation towards website running costs?
    Click Here To Donate

Contact Us On admin@lifestylecouriers.net For Any LCF Issues
New GMB Members Click Here

LCF Library... a suggestion

LCF News
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

LCF Library... a suggestion

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 am

LCF is a superb forum and xLc should be commended for his efforts. I can't see anything that needs changing, but I'd like to make a suggestion for an additional feature that might improve the retrieval of important data which is currently buried in old posts.

We all know that the search system (as with most forums) is far from perfect, making it sometimes difficult and time-consuming to locate items you know are there, but just can't remember where.

So, as an aid to retrieving this important data, I'd like to suggest a new feature, 'LCF Library,' which would be a separate section devoted to storing GMB briefings and documents, memos and newsbriefs past and present, copies of contracts issued by Hermes and others, parcel banding documents, yearly pay date calendars, HHT memos and guides,.......... in fact, ANYTHING historical or current that may need to be retrieved quickly at a later date.

I understand this would be a considerable task to implement, requiring reposting or linking of buried posts, but we could make a good start by posting all NEW communications from Hermes, GMB, and others in the Library then, whenever we've had to search old posts, make a point of putting that data into the Library too until, eventually, we will have a reference section second to none at our fingertips that wouldn't take ages to trawl through.

What do you all think?

Advertisement

Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Re: LCF Library... a suggestion

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:54 am

A further refinement might be to make the Library accessible only to those who have made a required number of posts in the forum, say 10 or 20.

Active topics