Hi! We see you’re using an ad-blocker. We’re fine with that and won’t stop you visiting the site.
But as we’re losing ad-revenue from this then why not make a donation towards website running costs?
    Click Here To Donate

Contact Us On admin@lifestylecouriers.net For Any LCF Issues
New GMB Members Click Here

A bit of guidance please

Sameday Delivery And Other Courier Related News
Sedders77

A bit of guidance please

Post by Sedders77 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello Admin and members,

I am a courier of 12 years, in which nearly 9 as an owner driver for a well known company featured in a Tom Hanks film ;-) (the UK side)

Although I enjoy the buzz of being a courier and obviously the hard work that comes with it, I am considering going into same day work for another revenue stream. I would need to employ somebody to do my current work and go and do the sameday stuff myself, or maybe vice versa? Even though I am very experienced in what i do it is still a bit daunting going into something different and it would be good to hear from other couriers that do samedays and if its worth it? what sort of revenue does it generate?is it viable when its just yourself or is it better to build a team up of a few couriers? how easy/hard is it to get return loads even though it could be the following day?any other things i should be wary of?

Thank you for reading and I hope to hear some input soon,

Scott :)

Advertisement

Jaywhitbread

Re: A bit of guidance please

Post by Jaywhitbread » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am

same-day for me has tripled the income made over hermes, i do a mixture of same-day for rico and a few of us have gotten together to form asc couriers who take on a variety of work granted its usually back loads or co loads via courier exchange my average income per 5 day week from the rico work is 800 after expenses with the cx work bringing on average 100 per load on top, im never out more than 8 hrs a day so actually get to see my family and have a bit of a social life. drawbacks well you need the cashflow to last the first 2 weeks witrh rico as they pay weekly in arrears, and sometimes bidding on the cx loads just isnt worth the hassle, everyone wants the jobs done at the lowest price, so using cx for the main line of work you would have to put in a lot of time and effort, we have landed lucky because a lot of our work travels down south so theres always plenty around to pick up coming back, Just make sure you've got hi viz, steel toe cap boots and carry a 2 kilo extinguisher in order to be able to bid on some of the more lucrative jobs. insurance wise you will need public liability and courier or haulage insurance along with goods in transit, then its just a case of put in the time and effort and sit back reaping the rewards

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am

What van are you using?

Jaywhitbread

Post by Jaywhitbread » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 pm

xLc wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am
What van are you using?
merc vito long, its the middle of the 3 in the vito range, easily holds 2 pallets and gives me 40mpg all day long

xLc
Admin
Admin

Post by xLc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Do you get much pallet work with Rico?

Jaywhitbread

Post by Jaywhitbread » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 pm

xLc wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:39 pm
Do you get much pallet work with Rico?
yeah id say 80% of my jobs are palletwork from chester, mostly multi packaging solutions or phoenix pharma, last week was all double pallet runs nice and easy load drop, pick up the backloads and of home

Active topics