Hi! We see you’re using an ad-blocker. We’re fine with that and won’t stop you visiting the site.
But as we’re losing ad-revenue from this then why not make a donation towards website running costs?
    Click Here To Donate

Contact Us On admin@lifestylecouriers.net For Any LCF Issues

Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

Non Courier Posts.
User avatar
xLc
Admin
Admin
Posts: 11771
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 pm
Has thanked: 1846 times
Been thanked: 2057 times

Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#1

Post by xLc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm

Just seen on FB that our member Nick is CEO of www.lovesuperstore.co.uk
Hopefully we can help him expand his sextoy business by probing new areas of interest!

Maybe he will offer discount for LCF members?



Advertisement
 

User avatar
sue
ViP
ViP
Posts: 7213
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#2

Post by sue » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm

xLc wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Just seen on FB that our member Nick is CEO of www.lovesuperstore.co.uk
Hopefully we can help him expand his sextoy business by probing new areas of interest!

Maybe he will offer discount for LCF members?
😂😂😂
I wish the Self Employed umbrella stopped sh*t falling on my head

User avatar
MonkeyBoy
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 18390
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:47 pm
Location: Right Here!
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 384 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#3

Post by MonkeyBoy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 am

Give him the contact details for Hermes partner Rewards, They could partner up and make the shafting of 15k couriers more enjoyable.
ESTIMATED time of arrival.... You cant fail something you have only estimated?
.
You know you're ugly when it comes to a group picture and they hand you the camera.

User avatar
xLc
Admin
Admin
Posts: 11771
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 pm
Has thanked: 1846 times
Been thanked: 2057 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#4

Post by xLc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 am

If anyone else has a little business they want to promote then please let us know.

User avatar
darthvader
Member Plus
Member Plus
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#5

Post by darthvader » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:06 am

sue wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm
xLc wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Just seen on FB that our member Nick is CEO of www.lovesuperstore.co.uk
Hopefully we can help him expand his sextoy business by probing new areas of interest!

Maybe he will offer discount for LCF members?
😂😂😂
Maybe you could buy one of those floppy things , adam might have more energy in mornins then hahaha

User avatar
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP
Posts: 10086
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am
Location: In the box - Dead or Alive?
Has thanked: 1665 times
Been thanked: 1164 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#6

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 am

xLc wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 am
If anyone else has a little business they want to promote then please let us know.
On a more serious note, having run an online business myself (ebay and website) I'm willing to offer advice to anyone considering this avenue. I'm no expert by any means, but I could help to avoid some expensive pitfalls.

Also, I'd be happy to help anyone considering dye sublimation printing as a business, with technical assistance and addresses of suppliers.

fastjetboys
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:55 pm
Has thanked: 500 times
Been thanked: 342 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#7

Post by fastjetboys » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Schrodingers Cat wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:06 am
xLc wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 am
If anyone else has a little business they want to promote then please let us know.
On a more serious note, having run an online business myself (ebay and website) I'm willing to offer advice to anyone considering this avenue. I'm no expert by any means, but I could help to avoid some expensive pitfalls.

Also, I'd be happy to help anyone considering dye sublimation printing as a business, with technical assistance and addresses of suppliers.
That's very kind SC, I could do with away to earn some money from home. Any ideas and help would be very helpful.

User avatar
sue
ViP
ViP
Posts: 7213
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 908 times
Been thanked: 488 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#8

Post by sue » Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm

darthvader wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:06 am
sue wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm
xLc wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Just seen on FB that our member Nick is CEO of www.lovesuperstore.co.uk
Hopefully we can help him expand his sextoy business by probing new areas of interest!

Maybe he will offer discount for LCF members?
😂😂😂
Maybe you could buy one of those floppy things , adam might have more energy in mornins then hahaha
When’s Mrs DV's birthday?
You two can trial it.🤣
I wish the Self Employed umbrella stopped sh*t falling on my head

User avatar
darthvader
Member Plus
Member Plus
Posts: 1202
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#9

Post by darthvader » Tue May 07, 2019 10:26 pm

sue wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:27 pm
darthvader wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:06 am
sue wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm


😂😂😂
Maybe you could buy one of those floppy things , adam might have more energy in mornins then hahaha
When’s Mrs DV's birthday?
You two can trial it.🤣
Lol

User avatar
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP
Posts: 10086
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am
Location: In the box - Dead or Alive?
Has thanked: 1665 times
Been thanked: 1164 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#10

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Another simple business idea ..

Badges!

I have a button badge press that I bought a few years ago but never used it much, but I dug it out this weekend so I could show my grandkids how to make their own badges.

While I was teaching them I got to thinking that I could use clear stickers, printed in my inkjet printer, to make badges with the bare silver metal of the badge showing through the white parts of the image.

Well, it worked ............. after a fashion!

When you make a badge you have a metal blank onto which you place your circular paper design and cover it with a disc of clear Mylar before pressing it all togther in the machine. Works great for paper badges, but with clear sticker paper you sometimes get some condensation between the Myalr and the sticker, so ...

Brilliant idea #2! ...

Instead of using stickers, I sublimation printed the design direct to the Mylar film. This simply involves taking a sublimation printout of my designs, covering each design with a Mylar disc, and pressing in my heat press to transfer the designs to the Mylar discs. This resulted in lovely, sharp, dense colours, much better than sticker paper, and eliminated the condensation problem and also the time spent cutting out circular stickers.

Here's some pics of a 45mm (1.75") badge with a Harry Potter design in black. (Yes, I know, I got the print reversed! Harry's scar should be on his left brow). You can clearly see the metallic badge underneath ...

potter_badge_1.jpg
potter_badge_1.jpg (154.09 KiB) Viewed 729 times
potter_badge_2.jpg
potter_badge_2.jpg (206.66 KiB) Viewed 729 times
potter_badge_3.jpg
potter_badge_3.jpg (519.49 KiB) Viewed 729 times

I've got another great variation of this that I'll share once I've done some more experiments. ;)

Note that, apart from button badges, you can make keyrings, medals, mirrors, fridge magnets etc with the badge machine. Check out the e-badges site if you're interested ...

https://www.e-badges.net/?gclid=CjwKCAj ... N0QAvD_BwE

My badge machine is the 'Mini.'

User avatar
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP
Posts: 10086
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am
Location: In the box - Dead or Alive?
Has thanked: 1665 times
Been thanked: 1164 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#11

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm

The badges idea is also useful if you aren't particularly interested in selling badges per se, but do want to give your current products an edge over competitors.

For instance, if you were selling party invitations, you could also supply badges for the boy or girl whose party it was and even for all the guests if asked to. Or you could add a badge as a give-away (they're dead cheap to make) along with other products you make or sell.

User avatar
xLc
Admin
Admin
Posts: 11771
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 pm
Has thanked: 1846 times
Been thanked: 2057 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#12

Post by xLc » Sun May 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Thought about a 3D printer yet SC?

User avatar
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP
Posts: 10086
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am
Location: In the box - Dead or Alive?
Has thanked: 1665 times
Been thanked: 1164 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#13

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sun May 12, 2019 1:55 pm

xLc wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Thought about a 3D printer yet SC?
Not so far xLc. They're good at what they do, and the prices are coming down, but it would be too much of an expensive hobby for me and, as you can see, my hands are full with the gear I already own!

Getting back to the badges, this is what a full-colour sublimated badge looks like...

hash_badge.jpg
hash_badge.jpg (156.93 KiB) Viewed 723 times

The inks are semi-transparent and the metal badge still shows through, producing a lovely metallic effect. (My photography leaves a lot to be desired though! They look much better 'in the flesh.').

User avatar
flobbydoo
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:23 pm
Location: North Wales
Union: GMB
Has thanked: 530 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#14

Post by flobbydoo » Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm

A former courier is making a good living making retro tin plate advertising signs & selling them online at local market. He also has a 3d printer but i don't think has done much with that so far.

User avatar
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP
Posts: 10086
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:10 am
Location: In the box - Dead or Alive?
Has thanked: 1665 times
Been thanked: 1164 times

Re: Helping a former Hermes courier with his business

#15

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

flobbydoo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm
A former courier is making a good living making retro tin plate advertising signs & selling them online at local market. He also has a 3d printer but i don't think has done much with that so far.
I can make retro advertising signs by sublimation printing aluminium sheet, something that's very easy to do. However, I rather like embossed designs (such as you get on biscuit and sweet tin lids) but I'd need dies and a hydraulic press to do the embossing. I did have the idea of 3D printing ABS die blocks but don't know if they'd be strong enough to withstand embossing thin metal.

Getting back to my badges, they are now looking good enough to sell. I have cut backing cards for them from holgraphic mirror finish card and used a clear printed sticker over the card. The reflections look good but aren't really shown to full effect in this picture ...

20190513_160230.jpg
20190513_160230.jpg (531.23 KiB) Viewed 687 times

I just need to get a boat load of designs done now!

Post Reply
Active topics


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests