Hi! We see you’re using an ad-blocker. We’re fine with that and won’t stop you visiting the site.
But as we’re losing ad-revenue from this then why not make a donation towards website running costs?
    Click Here To Donate

Contact Us On admin@lifestylecouriers.net For Any LCF Issues

Video Projector - excellent bit of kit...

Non Courier Posts.
Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Video Projector - excellent bit of kit...

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am

After toying with this for ages, I eventually took the plunge and ordered one of these from Amazon...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07DFB ... asin_title

It arrived yesterday and, for the price (£60), I was blown away with how well it worked.

Yes, the reviews say stuff such as 'noisy fan,' or 'tinny sound,' or 'only 480p actual resolution,' but, believe me, none of these mattered when I pointed it at a blank wall and switched it on. Incredible is the only word I have to describe it.

The fan sound isn't too distracting and virtually disappears once you start listening to a movie.

The sound doesn't have a lot of bass, but the volume is great and, hey, you can always add external speakers or a sound bar.

It has USB, microSD, HDMI, and VFA connectons, so will play from virtually any source: tv, usb thumb drive, hard drive, firestick, chromecast, now tv, xbox, dvd player, bluray player,... you name it! Supports a TON if video and photo formats.

Picture is excellent. Games can be played too, but might suffer if they have small text. It says max projection size is 170", but I covered a whole wall with the picture and it was still in focus.

My wife and daughter are taking the grandkids camping next week and will be taking the projector with them to project movies onto the tent inner walls from usb sticks loaded with movies.

Advertisement

Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Re: Video Projector - excellent bit of kit...

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:52 am

VFA.......... meant VGA! Yes, you can plug a computer or laptop into it and watch Netflix or YouTube etc, or watch these from a Firestick plugged into the usb socket.

So, all in all, great value for money and certainly of benefit to anyone who doesn't have hundreds or thousands available to shell out for a projector but would still like to experience one.

sam

Post by sam » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 pm

Looks good SC.

But as someone like me who spends a lot of time camping in a tent for work at events, Can you connect headphones to it as you know there is no soundproofing in a tent and would not like to upset my camping neighbors or the site manager. If so I might look at getting one myself.
:roll:

Schrodingers Cat
ViP
ViP

Post by Schrodingers Cat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:08 am

sam wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 pm
Looks good SC.

But as someone like me who spends a lot of time camping in a tent for work at events, Can you connect headphones to it as you know there is no soundproofing in a tent and would not like to upset my camping neighbors or the site manager. If so I might look at getting one myself.
Yes, it has an audio output for headphones or connection to external speakers or soundbar. I haven't actually tried headphones yet myself but will when they bring it back from their camping trip.

Active topics